These Instructor Terms were last updated 25/04/2020
When you sign up to become an instructor with Learning Tree Permaculture, you agree to abide by these Instructor Terms (“Terms“). These Terms cover the details about the aspects of Learning Tree Permaculture relevant to instructors and govern your use of our Services.
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including articles, slide shows, quizzes, exercises, videos, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
You agree & warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, permissions, and authority to authorize Learning Tree Permaculture to display your Submitted Content as specified in these Terms
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the Universal Quality Standards in Education in general.
You agree & warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through Learning Tree Permaculture or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed Learning Tree Permaculture (such as to embed material other than your own) or otherwise circumvent Learning Tree Permaculture;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
- abuse Learning Tree Permaculture resources, including support services.
License to Learning Tree Permaculture
You grant Learning Tree Permaculture the rights detailed in these Terms to offer, market, and otherwise promote your Submitted Content, and to sublicense it to students for these purposes directly or through third parties.
Unless otherwise agreed you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from Learning Tree Permaculture with 60 days notice, at any time. However, rights given to students before the Submitted Content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant Learning Tree Permaculture permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling your Submitted Content to the extent permissible under applicable law.
Trust and Safety
You agree to abide by Learning Tree Permaculture’s terms and course quality standards. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to Learning Tree Permaculture’s approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses and/or ban instructors without prior notice, including but not limited to cases where:
- an instructor or course does not comply with our policies or terms
- a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on, or bring Learning Tree Permaculture into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates Learning Tree Permacultures policies
Relationships to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the Learning Tree Permaculture platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside the Learning Tree Permaculture platform. You will indemnify Learning Tree Permaculture against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
When creating a course, you are totally free to charge your own price or alternatively, you may choose to offer your course for free.
You give us permission to share your courses for free where we need to restore access to accounts of those who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
1. Revenue Share
When a student purchases your course, the gross amount of the sale is the amount actually paid by the student (“Gross Amount“). The Net Amount received by Learning Tree Permaculture is the Gross amount minus the transaction fee taken by the payment processor. Unless and until further notice is provided our payment processor is PayPal whose transaction fees are dependent upon the country of origin of the student and will vary accordingly.
Your revenue share will be 80% of the Net Amount less any applicable deductions, such as student refunds. If we change this rate, we will provide you with 30 days notice using prominent means, such as via email or by posting a notice through our Services.
Learning Tree Permaculture pays all instructor payment claims in U.K. pounds (GBP). Your revenue report will show the Gross price – Processor charges (Net price) and your revenue amount (in GBP).
2. Receiving Payments
For us to forward your revenue share in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal account in good standing order and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account.
As you are utilising the services of Learning Tree Permaculture to sell your courses, the monies that you are receiving is your share of the revenue due from any sold courses. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
The applicable revenue share will normally be available within 15 days of the end of the month in which (a) the fee for a course is received or (b) the relevant course consumption occurred.
As an instructor, you are responsible for determining whether you are eligible to receive revenues from a UK source. We reserve the right not to pay out funds in the event of identified fraud, violations of intellectual property rights, or other violations of the law.
If we cannot settle revenues into your payment account after the period of time set forth by your state, country, or other government authority in its unclaimed property laws, we may process the revenues due to you in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting those funds to the appropriate government authority as required by law.
You acknowledge and agree that students have the right to receive a refund, as detailed in the Terms and Conditions for Online & Taught Courses. Instructors will not receive any revenue from transactions for which a refund has been granted under these Terms.
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next revenue due to the instructor or (2) where no further revenues are due to the instructor or the revenues are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s courses.
Deleting Your Account
Should you choose to discontinue using Learning Tree Permaculture and wish to delete your registration with us, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to pay any remaining revenues that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted.
1. Updating These Terms
From time to time, we may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices (such as when we add new features), and Udemy reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If we make any material change, we will notify you using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in your account or by posting a notice through our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of our Services after changes become effective shall mean that you accept those changes. Any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
2. Relationship Between Us
You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, contractor, or agency relationship exists between us.
The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of these Terms: Sections 2 (License to Learning Tree Permaculture), 3.3 (Relationship to Other Users), 5.2 (Receiving Payments), 5.3 (Refunds), 8 (Deleting Your Account), and 9 (Miscellaneous).