Under the Learning Tree, Permaculture is the harmonious integration of landscape and people. Providing their food, energy, shelter, and other needs in a sustainable way. Working with, rather than against, nature.
Come & Sit With Us
The Learning Tree
Learning Tree Permaculture
Gardens, Edible Landscapes & Regenerative Food Producing Ecosystems.
Teaching, Talks & Workshops.
Getting Your Land Working For You
• Grow better tasting, healthier food.
• Improve your food safety & food security.
• Save money on groceries & cut food waste.
• Reduce your environmental impact.
• Regenerate the health of your soil.
• Increase your yield by up to 7X from the same area
• Produce food all year using your own saved seed.
• Far lower maintenance.
• Save money by ditching the need for chemical products.
Wildlife and Ecosystem Health
Wildlife & healthy ecosystems benefit us by.
• Playing key roles in biological pest control.
• Acting as valuable pollinators.
• Playing critical roles in aiding crop production by creating well functioning soils.
Permaculture is a design process. It helps design intelligent systems which meet human needs whilst enhancing biodiversity. Reducing our impact on the planet, and creating a fairer world for us all.
“A sustainable system is any system, that in its lifetime, can produce more energy than it takes to establish and maintain it.” – Bill Mollison
Permaculture design is unique in that it works with an implicit set of ethics. Using the same design principles that are found in nature. Apply these principles to growing our own food and this can give us up to 7 times greater yield. Yes, you did read that right seven times more produce. In a system that needs far less maintenance.
Indigenous Ecosystems, Restoration and Conservation Program
Providing free knowledge and information on Permaculture and Agroecology to refugees, communities and people with special needs.
Learning Tree Permaculture is a member of the Permaculture Association
The Permaculture Association works to radically and positively change the way we live in the UK and actively supports a worldwide movement.